Wednesday, February 28, 2007

On The Train, July 31, 2006

Farewell tea and dinner broke my daily routine today. As much as I wanted to fight it the food won hand down. I was weak looking at my favorites scattered all over the dining tables. Also I did not want to upset or insult my hosts. Breaking my diet vow aside, my day was pretty normal to certain extent.

As soon as I was in the main atrium the announcer came on air to say that the Seremban train was arriving and I rushed down to platform 6. The train was already there actually and the time was 2123. The train was full with either service workers after their late shift, college students going home, couples coming back from a date, office workers after extended office hours or people like me who was just going home after business dinner and one or two long distance weary business travelers. That means you get a normal crowds on the train and when I say normal you get to observe the daily occurrence of Malaysian life. Almost 99.9% of the people on the train have handphone as you could see a lot talking into one, texting or SMSing their friends and colleagues or you could hear all sort of ringing tones. Lively Malaysian and I was, as always, enjoying the scene. It was dark outside and an advantage for an observer as the window now became a big mirror for me to observe without being seen as too obvious. You make the environment works for you.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...