Friday, February 16, 2007

Breakfast in Seremban

As usual my wife and I woke up early yesterday. Just like any Sunday we wanted to go out for breakfast. We just could not decide where to go so I turned left on the highway, to the uninitiated our resident technically is just beside the Plus Southbound highway, towards Seremban. The three of us my wife, my 4 year-old daughter and myself still could not decide so I stopped at the rest area to have light breakfast. The place is good but the food is miserable. In principle I actually like rest areas as they mean three things to me. A good place for me to observe, choices of food, a place to pray and relax during my journey. Since it was still early in the morning I continued down south, where as could I go anyway? You know what? Suddenly our breakfast hunting event became a trip down memory lane for one nostalgic fool. As I entered the early morning Seremban I just could not escape the feeling. Although the town has changed tremendously, the latest was a new business complex at the old taman selera at the North Seremban Post Office near the Seremban Pasar Besar where we used to stop to eat en-route to Odeon Cinema, my vision was looking at it through the eyes of a 16 year-old in 1977. The breaking of sunlight trough the building reminded me how one Saturday morning we actually jogged from the school, through the Lake Garden and around town before we walked back home (the school). The only thing I could not remember was whether the jog was among rugby or football players; or just a few of us that somehow managed to find ourselves awake very early one Saturday morning. I drove slowly around Seremban and Sikamat valley via TKC. Trying to retrace our jogging and cross country routes was a challenged. Let alone trying to locate the old Indian sundry shop where we stopped to buy our 555 to smoke at the stream. I drove within the ‘new’ housing estate with the intention of coming out at the then famous England Garden, remarkably we emerged at Sikamat Valley just before the now huge MPRM. I could see the old school from the road, smiled and proceed down along the Sikamat Army Camp. The Seremban authority is trying to straighten the old round-about that would certainly change the face of the entrance into Sikamat. I drove on along Jln Dato Kelana and turned left as I intended to cruise along Ampangan and Paroi. As usual certain memories flashed quickly inside my visual brain as we moved along. Eventually, at the end of Paroi I took the Senawang route back to Seremban town to complete the whole circle. Before we knew it we completed the whole Seremban that morning. To those in Seremban sorry if I have not called any of you, as I did not wish to disturb your Sunday. Further more the three of us were not properly dressed.

1 comment:

IyouweBlog.com said...

nostalgic memories! =)
a great trip indeed....

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...