Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Cuti Cuti Malaysia 3: To The North Again, Melaka-Kulim-Alor Setar-Penang-Ipoh-Tapah Road, Dec 22 – 30, 2005

Dec 30, 2005 (Friday), Teluk Intan, Bidor, BBB, Puchong, BSP.

After a breakfast of roti canai bought by Abang Nasir we packed the Ranger and left for home via Telok Intan. Telok Intan? Well, that’s me again for you as I would not want to bore myself driving straight to the highway. The drive to Telok Intan was pleasant and we stopped to explore my favourite shopping mall. Yeah, that’s right, Fajar. My dear wife still wondering, sometimes aloud, until today why I like Fajar so much. It was the element of surprise and discovery that Fajar always presented me that pull me to it. What surprise? Go and find out yourself. Serendipity at its best for me. Anyway, we did not stay long at Telok Intan and we continued our journey home via Bidor. Again the weather and the journey were pleasant. It was a leisure drive for the benefit of my wife as we were passing through the place where she used to stay and grow up. In no time we were in Bidor town, it is just a small town and has at least a few traffic lights :). When I was in school my good friend Jidun used the number of traffic lights you have in a town as a measure of how big and classy a town is. With that benchmark, although the town is small, it is canggih than most small towns. In fact ever since the first time, which is a long time ago, I passed through the town I had never really spent time to explore it. So I cruised around town under the pretext of searching for a place to eat. But I was disappointed on both counts. Finally we just proceeded and stopped at the fruits stall to spend around RM50 to buy Jambus and Cikus. We ate some of the cut fruits as we drove slowly towards Sungkai and entered the highway when we got there.

Of course the drive on the highway was a non-event and we reached KL with still a lot of daylights. I guess there is a thing with us with daylights and traveling. Until and unless it is already dark don’t go home yet. So, we detoured towards BB Nilai and stopped at Ngah’s place and I thought when it was dark we were going home. No, instead we went to Puchong to Intan’s place. We were only finally arrived home safely around 2400 hours. End of Cuti Cuti Malaysia 3, so I thought… LOL.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...