Thursday, February 22, 2007

On The Train (Lapse Time), May 22, 2006

I didn’t realize it has been more than two weeks since my last posting. I must have been lethargic or plain lazy to write. The truth is it was both lazy and at the same time I was distracted with a lot of things lately. My thesis that seems to be have no end, my son’s football team that I am coaching that had been in a closed tournament last week, my family and my truck that needed mending badly. Thankfully there has been a lot of good news for me. Among others Liverpool won the FA Cup after a thrilling match and our U15 football team that I coached retained our ‘championship’. The only bad spot had been the lost of Arsenal in the European Cup. Although I do not mind Barca won but still it would have been good for Arsenal to have won.

The past week the train service had one major disruption when a ‘lori hantu’ (loosely translated as ghost lorry) somehow managed to crash itself onto the power lines and the track to disrupt the service for a night. I was already at the top of the stairs when my office colleagues who were climbing up mentioned that I had to find another train to take me home. Today everything seems to be normal, normal I mean by KTMB’s standard.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...