Thursday, February 22, 2007

On The Train (Grounded Theory), April 7, 2006

I realized on the way home the disadvantage of having a laptop with me is that whenever I was busy typing anything I would be oblivious of my surrounding. I missed a lot by not being able to observe sometimes. I guess I had to avoid lengthy typing session on the train and concentrate more on the happenings around me. One thing that I am trying to pin down after three solid years taking the train to work is that one question of what? Yes, what? What is this train all about to the commuters? I am very sure there are social dynamics or communities within. On the other hand it would be better to just observe to see what kind of thing or theory would emerge

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...