Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cuti Cuti Malaysia 5: Had to be Penang and North yet again. Dec 23-28, 06

We plan Allah decides. For weeks I have been planning and enjoying my holidays virtually. The anticipation was quite powerful that when the news of the flood was on front page it was a little bit hard to swallow. But then again I quickly reminded myself that Allah knows best and things happen for a reason.

I had to make a quick assessment of the situation and in the end decided not to risk it and frantically started to call hotels and resorts in Penang. In fact I unashamedly admitted I spent the entire morning on Thursday making calls to all possible hotels and resorts in Penang. As expected most of them were fully booked due to the holiday season and made worse but the flood situation down south. Most of the rooms then were moving very fast up north.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...