Thursday, March 1, 2007

On The Train, Oct 2, 2006

I would probably the first person to agree that in order to know the future we should read and know the current trends. Based on my readings and understanding of complexity from Dave Snowden this is not true. To him it is almost idiotic to hope for idealism and futurology. That’s reminded me of what someone said about history being 14 seconds ago and to know the future is to look forward rather then back. Dave also debunked my belief in knowledge economy being based on intangible within the context of scarcity theory. The key thing is to me is to do something in moderation. Knowing a trend is sometimes useful but not all the time. I thought I knew a lot but reading a lot open up to a lot more possibilities and opportunities. That’s the beauty about knowledge in the truest sense.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...