Wednesday, March 7, 2007

On The Train, (Innovation), Oct. 5, 2006

I learned for Dave Snowden today that there are basically three things that can bring about innovation.

  1. Starvation of familiar resource, forcing you to find new approaches, doing things in a different way. My example may not be appropriate but when I saw the word starvation instantaneously I remember the time when I was in school how creative we were when we were hungry. Interesting enough according to Dave creativity is not innovation but one of the processes that enables innovation. One of the things that I did was to go around every rooms to collect whatever loose change anybody could spare and at the end of the round I got enough for me to go out to town to watch movie and have a decent lunch :))
  2. Pressure that forces you to engage in the problem. We work under pressure all the time and most of the time we delivered. My MDC days are good examples. When someone says that he or she works best under pressure this is what they mean. I can relate to that now. Again this may not be the best example to describe this but you know what I mean.
  3. Perspective shift to allow different patterns and ideas to be brought into play. The need to think and do things differently when we have to look at things from different perspective.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...