Thursday, March 1, 2007

On The Train (The Misbehavior of our Train Commuters), Sept 11, 2006

Two of my friends lost their cool when they saw the ugly side of Malaysian on the train. The first incident was when the whole coach just ignored a blind commuter and the second when the commuters were simply rushing in without waiting for people to disembark (well I got this almost everyday). So, my resolve for today is to document the good and bad of Malaysian on the train.It was raining heavily when I left the office as I needed to go to the bank to pay my dues. My shoe and sock were soaked by the time I got to the bank. Since I was in the vicinity of Masjid Jamek I decided to take the Putra LRT to KL Sentral. I was glad that at least the Putra commuters were civic enough to queue up and allow people to disembark first. At least they are fairly consistent. However, it was a different story at KL Sentral where I saw people were actually rushing and pushing ignoring people trying to disembark. To avoid my blood pressure raising up unnecessarily I crossed over to the other platform and boarded the Rawang train to get down at KL Station.

Since there were not many people on the train the commuters behaved properly until I got down at Bangi.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...