Tuesday, March 20, 2007

On The Train, Oct. 17, 2006

My wife asked me, ‘so how does it feel to be 45?’ My reply was not much as honestly I did not feel anything different. Bottomline for me is that a year had gone and looking back I asked myself what good that I have done really? Have I been meaningful and useful as a person, husband, father, son, boss and many more to different people. Doing my own assessment I would want to think so but looking at it closely I had failed in many areas. Thus I promise myself to be a better person.

An Iranian sits next to me facing the other way talking to his hand phone quiet aloud. Obviously all of us in the train do not have a clue to what he is talking about with a lady, I over heard a lady’s voice, at the other end. Nevertheless he does not have to talk so loudly.

Again I am trying to be me now. It’s Ramadan, 1831 hours, late, on the train home and I have the audacity to try to get a booking for dinner for my family. I am adamant that I am going to figure out something. I will tell you tomorrow the outcome.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...