Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On the Train, May 17, 2005

It was raining when I got on the train at Bank Negara station. The sky was already dark at 6.30pm and it got darker as we moved on. This created certain effect - a nice comfy and homely feeling in the coach. Although it was not raining as we went on, the sky got really dark and I am very sure a very heavy rain would follow soon. The surrounding, ambience, and coldness in the coach somehow took effect on most commuters as when I looked up from my reading I realized most of my fellow commuters were sleeping comfortably. They were sleeping peacefully like they were in their own bed. I just smiled to myself looking at them. I even heard somebody snoring at the back. It was really something – so homely as if I am close and knew everyone on the train. I could have, really…. INTUITION?

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...