Tuesday, January 30, 2007

On The Train. Dec 16, 2004

I purposely left the house late than usual today. Primarily because I was too tired and need more sleep. I was awake at 5.45 am but dozed off again until about 6.45am when I woke up to take a bath and get ready for work. Even my wife was surprised to see me still at home at that hour. I wanted to take the 7.30am train so that I could arrive at the Bank well before 8.30 am. So I took my own sweet time to get to the station. As I drove there I felt so fresh and energetic. When I reached the station I saw Pak Hashim, gave my salam and bought my ticket. While waiting I chatted with Pak Hashim. Well, you know with Pak Hashim, normally you’ll get either football or Penjara stories. The train came on time. While I was sitting I realized that I have not done this for quite a while. I sat looking at nothing in particular and my mind was racing. So I decided to write this piece. As I did after quite sometimes not doing this gave me a different perspective being on the commuter going to work. The normal stuff were still there, I mean the characters and their peculiarities. For the past two months I have been sleeping on the train every morning. I was tired but I think it is more because of my health which deteriorated quite a bit. One of the main reasons why I take the train to work is because I would like to improve my health and I know I have to improve by doing daily scheduled exercise. The question was I have not and I seem to have a lot of reasons, read excuses, not to do it. I know I need to be more serious and focus about this but I am and was not.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...