Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On The Train, Feb. 6, 2009

Another three-day weekend beginning tomorrow and as expected the train was packed. But as usual as well I placed myself strategically that I got a seat at KL Sentral. I am going to be very busy again this weekend beginning with going to Ford service centre in PJ to service the Ranger tomorrow. Cyclefest at Putrajaya in the evening and family bowling at Alamanda at night, I am not bowling though. Puteri Gunong Ledang theater with my wife at Istana Budaya on Sunday and possible family outing on Monday.

The train is moving very slow now as if the load, all of us, were too heavy for it to pull. What I was worried about it would just stop in the middle of somewhere and we have to get down. It happened before so I know it could happen.

The composition of commuters in the carriage I was in varied. Few Indians going to or getting from somewhere to celebrate Thaipusam. Long distance commuters are the majority though. The rest one third were working people like me going home for the day.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...