Friday, February 20, 2009

On The Train, Feb 20, 2009

KTMB managed to spoil my Friday evening once again! This time their excuse was electrical problem at Sentul station. There was already a hude crowd on the platform when I walked down but I thought it was a normal Friday evening commuters which I had expected. But then as I was walking came an announcement stating the fact. Boy I said to myself the same old story. That was not the worst as we were waiting another announcement came on saying that the Seremaban train was late as well. Well, ok at least they announced it and I thought that was it. However after about 15-20 minutes of waiting came another shocking announcement that the Seremban train would arrive on platform one instead of two. Which mean on the opposite platform. Well I thought the announcement meant for KL Sentral but a auxiliary police woman came along asking all of us to move to the opposite platform as our platform now would be for north bound train. I did not know what their strategy was then but early on looking of the crowd I had decided already that I would skip the coming train. With the announcement I just refused to move so I sat thinking. About 1o minutes the Seremban train still on the way, maybe it was crawling. Then I remembered that my son was in PJ I called him and told him to pick me up at either Bukit Jalil or Seri Petaling. With that I walked to LRT Bandaraya station. So I was not early as I intended after all thanks to KTMB.

The STAR LRT was not as crowded as the KTM Komuter which says a lot about KTMB services and their lost opportunities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had similar experience when I was in P.Klang train.. suddenly the train stop due to technical failure which end up the all passengers were required to move out from the train immediately.. the worst part, it was raining that time... aiyoh!.. bad...

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...