Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On The Train, July 13, 2009

The 1820 train was late by 10 minutes and when it arrived the second coach was an oven. I walked out straight away and walked up to the first which slightly cooler but still, with not many people on the train, hot. Just imagine it would be at full capacity which it was likely going to be soon. The driver walked down the line to inspect and I told him it was definitely very hot in the second coach. He took about few minutes to inspect to come to a decision whether go or no go for that train. Having been on the train for close to 7 years now I just knew what it meant. When he passed by I asked ‘jalan?’ he said no so I disembarked to wait for another one. Those on the train did not know it as the train cannot stop there it had to be the KL Station and the driver upon reaching KL Station would ask everyone to get down to wait for the next train.

I did not have to wait long for the next train and it was almost empty and cool as a fridge. As I predicted the people on the last train were on the platform at KL Station waiting to board. When they did the train was a packed sardine can. We were fortunate that the aircon was put on full blast. Though I was oblivious of the surrounding the frustration and anger dominated the air inside the train. The story of our last Langkawi trip was really hard to materialize in my brain. Alas I was typing away like crazy

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...