Thursday, August 28, 2008

On The Train, Aug. 27, 2008

As I was reading about Theroux's experience riding his train in a rain crossing Hungary and Romania it was pelting outside my train at the same time. Although his experience is nothing compared to mine still I felt the sense of sameness in our situation. At least looking out into the same drabness and dampness outside. 33 years since he took the same train both countries remain as they were before. For me after five years the Komuter service got even worse LOL.

As what the weather can do to you it was at least different in my train. Commuters seem to be alert and happy. Including myself there were three people I observed reading a book. Another lady I saw was writing in her notebook that has a Komuter railmap pasted in it. If she were a regular commuter I had not seen her before or at least I have not noticed her before. A lady who had just got a seat in front of me also took out her book from her handbag. There is still hope for Malaysia.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...