Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On The Train, April 8, 2008

I printed out an article on the Information Behaviour of the Researcher of the Future – post Google generation and meant to read it on the train home. I was on the fourth page when I decided to take note using my laptop of it. I knew instinctively that I would stop reading and do something else of my laptop and I was right, of course. But as I was busy typing, reading and thinking, I think, I looked up and saw a lady in front of me was writing something on her notebook, the paper kind. She kept on looking up and down as if she was observing me and writing about me. I knew she wasn’t but it would be nice if she did and at the same time I was writing about her. At least what I was doing triggered her to be thinking of something brilliant. If you had read something on NLP probably you’ll thing this is possible. A young girl sitting next to her was reading a novel. She got down at Bandar Tasek Selatan though. A Chinese guy next to me was talking to his handphone for a while and then dozed off. This is what I like riding a train during this period. The balanced number of commuters inside the coach that makes is easy for me to observe.

Kajang came too soon for me tonight mostly due to how I felt and the things that I was doing. I was a bit happy but sad at the same time. Probably my subconscious mind was working on a denial mode.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...