My body is not what it used to be so I have to be mindful. I just got sick too easily nowadays and to make it worse over the weekend I had to travel in that condition. I am not complaining though but just merely stating the fact. At least works although piling are getting better.
The discussion on the role of Knowledge Angels continues and rightly so there is the need for certain clarity. It is actually the role of Information Service professional with extra depth in coverage and responsibility. Primary day to day function would be to be stationed at the helpdesk and proactively engage the stakeholders to;
1. Create awareness of the resources and services available in the KMC
2. Answer all queries and if necessary doing an information research
3. Make sense of the stakeholder profiles and behaviour to provide a proactive and customized services
4. Aware of the current needs of the stakeholders
5. Knowledgeable in the resources and subject area of Central Banking and Islamic Finance, Islamic Economics.
6. Knowledgeable in the Internet tools and search methodology
The train was a bit packed today and my guess it was due to the heavy rain. As I got to the platform came an announcement to say that the Seremban train had just left Sungai Buloh station. This means I had just missed my train. There were still a lot of people when we arrived at Kajang station. It has been for quite sometimes already and today it was a bit obvious that the demographic of the commuters has changed a bit. Now the composition is a bit balance between races, age and even gender. Most of them are also long distance commuters, well at least as far as Nilai, that varies from students to office workers. Still the amazing fact is that KTMB chose to ignore this and sadly their service is getting worse.