Friday, October 12, 2007

On The Train (Balik Kampong), Oct 11, 2007

Of course since the first day of Ramadhan the earlier trains going home would be packed with commuters rushing home for ifttar. But for the last few days the train is packed with huge luggage along side with their, temporary resident of the city of Kuala Lumpur, owners are beginning to go home in droves to their respective kampong for the Eidul Fitri. Today is no exception and worse but I enjoying the moment. In the old days at the time like this people would be chasing and climbing buses and trains to go home but today we have other options but still we are chasing and almost climbing to get ride home. Now I am squeezed within the crowd just with limited room to open my laptop and type. Just like a feeling of staying in a small crowded flat in London or in an outhouse during the old kampong days. :)

Since I was in school I just love to send people off balik kampong until the very end you were the only one left behind. I did not mind as it gave me some kind of satisfaction to see my friends off for their holidays. I do not know but I just love doing that and at times with no better things to do, seriously, then I used just sit around bus stands and trains stations just to see people them with their excitement and sometimes sadness to go separate ways with the love ones. Hey! Wait! There is nothing wrong with me ok! :). I guess I just love to observe things happening around me. In fact my dear wife once mentioned to me she probably had seen me at certain bus stand even before we went to college and met LOL. Love you Yang.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...