Friday, July 27, 2007

On The Train (work, stress and play), July 23, 2007

I had a conversation with one of my colleagues at the office one late evening last week. As any office conversations, maybe I am a very good listener, in the end the topic steered towards workloads and stress. I shared with my colleagues how I had learned to manage my stress and encouraged my colleague to do the same as it would do wonders with our lives. As it turned out I was tested to the fullest last week, and I would think this week as well, by work pressures piling in the office. I was almost defeated if not for few things that as if conveniently organized for me. On Saturday were the veteran team football practice and wedding reception in Puchong. Sunday were the Alumni Bowling Tournament in the morning and the PT veteran football game in the evening. So I had no time to worry about work during the weekend. Whatever it is we have to strike balance between the two. I know it is a cliché but we have to learn to really do it. The moment we walk out of the office we should cut us off from office works. Nothing is more important than your family and health.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...