Thursday, February 28, 2008

On The Train, Feb 15, 2008

I have been reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt since Monday on the train and whenever I started on it I could not put it down. Because of that I was not able to write anything going home since then. Today I just force myself to do this as I did not want to miss anything interesting to write. The one thing that I must write is this constant announcement since Monday when I was waiting to go home. ‘Ladies and Gentlemen we are sorry to inform you that there is a disruption in our service schedule due to some (you guess right) technical problem. Our train service from Rawang to Seremban will be delayed by 2 hours’ and the time decreased everyday but still too late for my comfort. Although by now I am beginning to accept the fact, still I curse KTMB once in a while.

It was at Serdang when the train stopped I saw liquid moved beside me and when I looked at it I realized there was water at the base of the glass window trapped in between. Soon after that I kept looking at it and as we move the water tilted to indicate our alignment with the ground. It acted as a nice water ruler for me. I was surprised I did not realize it earlier. I guess because I was conscious of a young girl seating restlessly beside me till then.

No comments:

THE NEW BOOKSTORE IN TOWN The first Tsutaya Books, like Kinokuniya (Kino), is another Japanese bookstore I admire. It is Japan’s largest boo...